Special: Three Years After Wenchuan

Latest
Chinese quake town aims to be tourism city
Stroll along a fancy lane, stop by a bistro, pour yourself a glass of Champagne and bathe in the sunshine. This is how you will soon spend a day if you visit Bailu, a town severely damaged by the 8.0 earthquake that struck Sichuan province on May 12, 2008.

Child victims find a space to call home

Children affected by natural disasters in China now have safe places to recover from their trauma. "The protection of children in disasters requires more than food and psychological consultation," said Song Wenzhen with the National Working Committee on Children and Women.

Man who lost his son to become a father again

Yang Qinggui lost his 19-year old son in the deadly magnitude 8.0 Wenchuan earthquake that struck Southwest China's Sichuan province on May 12, 2008. Today, the 47-year-old farmer's wife is expecting a baby next month.

Fast Facts:

The 2008 Sichuan earthquake that measured at 8.0 Ms occurred at 14:28:01.42 on May 12, 2008 in Southwest China's Sichuan province. It is also known as the Wenchuan earthquake after the location of the earthquake's epicenter, Wenchuan County in Sichuan province.

The quake left more than 80,000 people dead or missing.

The epicenter was 80 kilometres west-northwest of Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan, with a focal depth of 19 kilometres.

Related: A full coverage of the earthquake in 2008


Photos

Village rebuilt

Victims not alone

Shasha's new life

Slow road to recovery

Cope with life


Survivors offer sympathy to Christchurch quake victims


Survivors of the earthquake that struck Wenchuan in southwestern China in May 2008 offered empathy to victims of the strong earthquake that hit Christchurch of New Zealand on February 22.

Chinese rescue team ready for Japan quake relief


Founded in November 2008, the Blue Sky Rescue Team has been joined by professional individuals, who have been participating rescue work in the Wenchuan quake in southwest China in 2008.

Beichuan County rebuilds after quake


Three years after a deadly earthquake struck Sichuan province, once-devastated quake zones are regaining their vitality and residents are finding ways to continue their lives.

Reconstruction in quake-hit Sichuan nearly finished


Reconstruction in Southwest China's Sichuan province, which had been hit by a devastating earthquake nearly three years ago, has "basically" finished, Vice Governor Huang Xiaoxiang said.

Teenage ballet girl moves audienceSurvivor finds new life at Para Games


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

China goes organic after scandal of cooking oil from sewers

Gang murders man then sues for compensation

8,000 affected by icy highway havoc